Monday 25 January 2010

Research

This is the 2nd part of the questions we were asked to answer about ourselves and research.
By doing research, i will be able to see what is out there that i can extend on or make better. I am also able to find different methods that could make what I'm doing a whole lot better. As research starting points go, i stick to the exploratory method. This method aims to look at what is out there and therefore i can get ideas and extend on my own. I also like the idea of Interim research which looks at trends, this way i can see progression of what I'm researching. I'm quite wary of descriptive research as i know how long winded it is, it takes a lot of time to find out something that can be done quicker using other methods such as using exploratory to see what surveys have already been done.

I find that pilot stage is quite irrelelvant, this is because it looks at developing plans on research, this is seen as a warm up and to me....a bit of a waste of time. I usually know what research i want or need to do and just go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment