Thursday 21 January 2010

Past, Present and Future.......and Tetsuo

This is the first part of the homework...i understood it as talking about what i have done in the past, what im doing now and what i want to achieve in the future.

During the past few years, I have not done a lot of work outside of school. Although this may seem a disadvantage to some people, I believe that it helps me push further in the course. I did an ICT course in 6th form high school which involved a lot of designing work on Macromedia Fireworks as well as creating an interactive story for children in flash (which was like the interactive narrative but longer) . With the knowledge of Fireworks, I was able to do little things outside of school that I would have not been able to do beforehand. I designed a few logos, one was used by a friend on an American based site selling electrical products (www.techcrazy.net), I also helped design a website used for a jewellery company. Although this is not a lot of work outside school, it all kick started my decision to take multimedia. I have always enjoyed film and had hour long discussions with friends about what films I like and hate and why. After doing the Oneshot project, I realised this is what I want to do, I also realised after watching Tetsuo: The Iron Man, I knew I did not want to create anything weird with a lot of eerie noises or disgusting images which were obviously there to javascript:void(0)make an impact, but something that people could connect to and realise the situation. This doesn’t mean that I want to create things that happen in everyday life but just things that people could watch and feel something real towards.
While on that subject, that was the weirdest film iv ever seen. At first I was just tired and thought to myself “just get through these two hours”, and then I felt sick due to the disturbing scenes and noises in the film. Honestly a penis drill?! That was a great idea! And why did she it turn his girlfriend on?! All just weird. Also the Uzi at the end confused me, if they had one....why didn’t they use it earlier? However I thought it was a life lesson and a film that I will never watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment